Welcome to our new web site!
To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.
During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.
Once again, autumn is here, and before long, it’ll be Halloween. But for anyone looking to get into the spirit before the spooky day, here is a list of some of the Halloween corn mazes, haunted houses and generally creepy events that are going on around the Lansing area. If your event isn’t listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put into our online edition of this interactive map. Happy Halloween from City Pulse!
1. EDRU Haunted House Oct. 6 -19, 1891 Cedar St, Holt, $8Rollers & Strollers Halloween Costume Skate at ERDU A costume skate designed for kids 7 and under, Oct. 21, 10AM - 12PM. $8
2. MSU Department of Theatre’s 9th Annual Haunted Aud. Oct. 27-29, $15.
3. Bestmaze Corn Maze A good walk spot for some family fun.Open: SEPT. 15 - Nov. 4. You will have an hour or more to complete maze after last ticket entrance times. Fridays: 6-10 pm; Saturdays: 1-10 pm; Sundays: 1-8 pm; Maze tickets $8 each ; 4-10 people $7 each, call fro group rates. Trail of Terror: Fridays and Saturdays tickets sold till 10:30 pm on site. AND last 2 Sundays of Oct. till 9 pm $15 for haunt area tickets or combo with corn maze is $20. 3803 Noble Rd, Williamston.
4. Boo at the Zoo! Weekend 1 hosted by Potter Park Zoo Free family activites with food options. Strip tickets avaliable for additional hayride, tunnel trip and magic shows. Oct 14-15,1301 S Pennsylvania Ave., Lansing.
5. How-To Halloween 2017 Interactive games, holliday displays and vendor shopping options. All ages. Oct. 28, Lansing Center, 333 E Michigan Ave., Lansing. Zombie Walk Participants dress up in their spookiest zombie gear and take over Lansing. Oct. 28, 4 PM, Drop off food donations to Greater Lansing Food Bank.
6. Nightmare Off Elm Street Halloween-themed dance performance, Comedy Coven, costume contest and pop-up art exhibition. Oct. 28, 7 PM, REO Town Marketplace, 1027 S. Washington Ave., Lansing. Ages 18kknd.
7. UV Hippo Halloween Show Live music with costume contest and photo booth. Featuring Bell’s Brewery draft. Oct. 28th, 9pm, The Loft, 414 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing. $12. Creepy Cheapy: Lansing Rock and roll costume performance. Oct. 26, 7PM, The Loft, 414 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing. All ages $5 for early birds.
8. Stephen King Halloween hosted by Delicious Dance performance with costume contest. Oct. 28, Spiral-DanceBar, 1247 Center St, Lansing. $5 21kknd, $10 for 18-20.
9. Trick-or-Treat on the Square A evening filled with street performance, fun activities and trick-or-treating. Oct. 23, 5-7:30 p.m. downtown Lansing.
10. Rocky Horror Picture Show with Live Shadow Cast Oct. 27, 9:40pm, Sun Theatre Williamston, 150 W Grand River Ave, Williamston. $15.
11. Apparitions & Archaeology: A Haunted Campus Tour Hosted by Michigan State University Paranormal Society and MSU Campus Archaeology Program, this hour long campus tour haunted archaeological sites on the northern portion of Michigan State University’s historic campus. Oct. 25, 7 p.m., Beaumont Tower, 375 West Circle Drive., East Lansing. All ages, FREE
12. Halloween Reading Event at Beyond A Dream! An event of drawing, reading, prizes and more! Oct. 28, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., 4738 Central Park Drive, Suite D, Okemos.
13. Past Tense, Dagon and Nagazi Friday Night Fright Art & music performance. Oct. 27, 8 p.m., The Avenue Cafe, 2021 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing. $8.
14. Halloween at Eastwood Towne Center! Oct. 25 4 p.m.-6 p.m., 3003 Preyde Blvd., Lansing.
15. Great Pumpkin Walk A chance for costumed kids to receive free door-todoor treats from more than 50 downtown merchants.
Oct. 30, 5 PM - 7 PM, Downtown East Lansing.
16. Flashlight Pumpkin Hunt Halloween games, pumpkin hunting and food vendors. Oct. 17, 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM, Dewitt Sports Park,1395 S Dewitt Drive, DeWitt.
17. Trunk or Treat hosted by UAW 652 Oct. 21, 2 PM - 3 PM, 426 Clare St, Lansing.
18. Halloween Trunk or Treat Oct. 25, 5 PM - 7 PM, 2422 Jolly Rd, Okemos.
19. Safe Halloween Hosted by MSU Greek Life. M.A.C. and surrounding streets are closed off for the event, inviting children to enjoy haunted houses and festive games at each sorority house. Oct. 26, 5:30-7:30 PM, M.A.C Avenue, East Lansing.
20. “Land of Oz” at the Wild Goose Inn The bed-and-breakfast is transformed into the “Land of Oz.” Oct. 30 5 - 7 PM, 512 Albert Ave., East Lansing.
21. ArachnoBROADia Fun halloween games will be featured as well as a presentation from MSU’s bug house. Oct. 30 5 - 8 p.m. 547 E Circle Drive, East Lansing.
22. Howloween Bring your pets, dressed in their HOWLOWEEN finest, to Old Town for the fun. There will be trick-or-treating at local businesses from 4-6 p.m. Registration for the costume contest begins at 5 p.m. with judging at 6 p.m. After the contest, take your pets down Grand River Avenue to Preuss Pets for Yappy Hour to enjoy games, gifts, a photo booth, food, and more pet and people fun! Oct. 20, 4 - 7 p.m.
23. Mid-Michigan’s Heroes and. Villains Masquerade Ball Ultimate battle of good vs. evil at the University Club of MSU. All proceeds raised benefit the Ingham County Animal Shelter Fund. Oct. 28, 18kknd, $25 - $35.
Not Pictured Shawhave Haunted FarmFriday and Saturdays throughout October. 1826 Rolfe Road, Mason. $12 per attraction.
Grand River Corn Maze Haunted house, Haunted hay rides, haunted corn maze. 5781 W. Grand River Road, Fowlerville. http://www.slaughterhouseadventure.com/